I like incorporating leaves and trees in my stamping projects. I used Paper Smooches tree and snowflakes and tiny bird set. I blended the background with distress inks, added snowflakes and word accents. The little red bird has glossy accents and glitter glue to the branches and torn paper “snow”. A few dot stencil accents and a word sentiment and using a muslin gathered fabric accent are added interest. This card is for the sparkleandshinecardchallengeblogspot.com
This card was designed using the color challenge for My Favorite Things weekly challenge. I used shades of blue and greens from Ranger Inks to paint the background. I added inked stencil to the paper for added interest. I cute the paper using MFT stitched die cut. Then I die cut the thank you three times which is also from MFT. I glued all of the pieces together for a raised look and attached it to a banner die cut. I used another small dot stencil for inked accents. The final steps were to assemble all of the pieces and add glossy accents to the thank you die cut. Three small sequins were added for accents.
I had a few January B day cards to create and I used the #heroarts die cut and words set. I die cut the happy from card stock or from watercolor paper and recut and stacked them together for a raised word. Sometimes I used glossy accents or just glitter glue to add the final touch. I used distress inks for the watercolored background for an overall painted background or masked off a section. I even die cut some hearts for one of the layouts. A final touch of sequins, glitter glue and a twine accent and ready for the mail.
This simple but elegant card was created using stenciled die cuts as the background from My Favorite Things dies. The tree was created when alcohol inks were randomly applied to the Ranger Ink specialty paper including gold ink accents. A simple tree die cut was added and a small word tag for a final accent.
This was a new technique that I used with alcohol inks using the Ranger speciality background paper. A stamped the Penny Black flower in white and added stencils for accents. A tiny word box was added also using Penny Black word stamps. A different way to create a background.
Time to send out thank you cards and I found this great stamp from Picture Show stamps with a cute Boston Terrier with a party hat. A stamp with black ink, watercolored with distress ink, then die cut banners, background papers. Put all the pieces together, add the accent dots and tie on the thin cording. Last step- is of course glitter glue for accent. Sometimes, less is more!
It is time to work on Valentine’s Day projects and I designed a shaker card and treat bag. The card is watercolored using Ranger Distress inks and when dry, a small heart die cut was used to create the opening for the shaker card. I then used a stencil with small openings for the glittery paste. When this was drying I created a small pouch for the sequins and beads using the Fuse Tool. This was attached to the back of the heart opening. Foam tape was used around the opening and edges of the front of the card to secure the pink paper. A word tag banner and tiny heart was attached to the bottom of the card. Then the card was assembled and a thin twine was tied to the A2 left fold. Add a bit of glossy accents to the tiny heart accent. Ready for mailing to your sweetheart! The bag is a bag in a box pattern. Construct a 4 inch box and wrap the patterned paper around the base. Add some accents to the front and ready to fill with sweet treats.