This next homework assignment I really had to think about die cutting. I use die cutting all the time when I have matching dies, but this time I wanted to create something different. I used a borrowed stamp and coordinating die from a friend a few weeks ago called Leaf Cluster. I inked each of the leaf clusters using two different shade of green distress inks. This created some shading and depth to the branches. Then I die cut them. They looked better when they were die cut. Now my challenge was to create a background. I sprayed two leaf clusters I had inked with Pixie spray. A low tack and removable spray glue and placed them face down on a quarter sized piece of white card stock. Now I had a reverse stencil and more like a mask. I inked the background with a spruce green distress ink and a blending brush. I used a My Favorite Things rounded corner die for the inked piece, stamped a sentiment in the right hand corner. I then adhered the leaf cluster branch to the inked paper and added a twine bow. I piece of bright green card stock on the white A2 card. Using a die cut branch two different ways added interest to the card layout.